Monday, May 14, 2012

Day 2

So I am a little late with my posts, but today is my make up day! Day 2 was a liquid day meaning I can only have liquids and only light meal. I did pretty good, although I did mindlessly snack on the snacks I would serve my kids at work. I have found that is something I do often and a habit I am ready to brake. I also had school that night and was ill prepared for how hungry I was going to be and did not eat dinner before I had left for school in-turn setting me up for failure. I ended up eating some trail mix from the vending machine at one of my brakes. Other then that I did pretty well I can not beat myself up too much or I wont want to continue.

As far as exercise I ran around the playground with my kids every time we went outside, knowing I had to study before I went to school and did not have time to go to the gym.  we also had some dance parties, I love watching the kids dance and being goofy with them!!!

The study for today was very good and started to make me think a lot, it was about your souls satisfaction. The words that hit my heart the most were " We often overeat because we feel empty; we lack heart-satisfaction and we are attempting to nourish our souls by feeding our bodies."  This is something I struggle with the most. I have always used the excuse that I was bored and I was hungry , but while reading the daily message I realized the times I use that excuse the most is when I am feeling empty or down. I have never made the connection until now. The verse that stood out to me the most was  Isaiah 55:2-3: "Why spend money on what is not bread, and your labor on what does not satisfy? Listen, listen to me, and eat what is good, and your soul will delight in the richest of fare. Give ear and come to me; hear me, that your soul may live."  I want this to rain true in my life I do not want to waste my time and energy doing things that do not satisfy. Now that I am more aware that I have the potential to over eat when I am unsure of where my satisfaction comes from, I can be sure to pray that I satisfaction in Him who gives me eternal life.
Thanks for reading!
~AMY

No comments:

Post a Comment